Hello. I’m Anna Gray, and I’m passionate about how counselling can help people feel less isolated, and empower them to find their own answers. I work with adults of all ages, with a special focus on those who are feeling lost or whose needs have got overlooked in life.
I believe that everyone has feelings that matter, whatever masks they wear or however other people see them. We all face challenges in our work, study, and relationships, and moments of crisis can bring up old emotional pain, self-doubt, or feeling like the odd-one out.
I know from my own experience how transformative it can be to have someone truly see you, truly hear you. I work in a person-centred way because I believe in the uniqueness of every client I see, and that my understanding, non-judgemental acceptance, and compassion will create the time and space my clients need.
If you would like to reconnect with who you are, develop self-acceptance and confidence, or work through a particular issue with someone calm and understanding, I hope you’ll consider working with me.
Please contact me to find out more about counselling with me.
Areas of special interest
- I can work with loss, bereavement, trauma, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, identity issues, old emotional pain, relationships, building confidence and self-development.
- I am currently training in focusing-oriented therapy. I have in interest in working with an awareness of the body, and the importance of listening to what it can tell us.
- I am also well attuned to the particular challenges of working within education.
I’m a Londoner, and like the city I have a mixed heritage. I value diversity – of background, sexuality, gender, ways of thinking, being, and living. I previously worked as a teacher, so I understand the demands of a stressful job, especially within the field of education. I also have experience of running parent support groups including for parents of children on the autistic spectrum; I have an interest in parenting, and good autism awareness.
I have several years counselling experience working with bereavements and loss within a bereavement charity, and also have more recent experience of working with women in the field of trauma and domestic abuse.
Throughout my working life my focus has been on compassion, collaboration, and the importance of listening to, and understanding, each other.
- Diploma and Certificate in Person-centred Counselling, City Lit, London
- Registered member of the BACP (MBACP). I abide by BACP ethical guidelines, and I attend regular supervision and ongoing professional development to ensure my work is of a high standard.